Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Not Built For Easy & 4th Graders

I took a step back to see if I was okay with walking away from the blog for a bit. Starting this blog has become harder than I thought it would be. But in the words of Tupac "I don't want it if its that easy". Journalism has been in my blood since I was a child. But getting back to writing is taking more effort than I thought. Creating LaurenUnscripted during Legislative Session has taken courage and more time than I expected.  With 1000+hits in less than three months, I have come too far to turn just stop. My week long break ended up being a week of brainstorming, creating and revamping.  

Last week I had the pleasure to host the 4th graders of Andre Agassi Preparatory Academy. It was important for me to make sure these children got the royal treatment while on this field trip. I might have been more excited than the students. The Principal (who happens to have been my third grade teacher) was introduced on the Senate Floor and the students were acknowledged by the Lt. Governor, Senator of District 4 and Senate Majority Leader.  They were also joined by another Senator at lunch. One Assemblyman made a special trip to the Senate Chambers, just to shake each child's hand and take pictures. That was truly special for them. 
Andre Agassi Prep Girl Power Girls
Andre Agassi Forth Grade Class 






No comments:

Post a Comment