Friday, March 6, 2015

6am Flights, House of Cards, & The Governor's Mansion




What a busy week! Well, after exactly one month into Legislative Session, every week should be a  busy week. After three weeks in a row of waking up at 4am to catch a 6am flight I am tired! I am very impressed by the Senators, Assemblyman, Assemblywomen and Lobbyist who go home every weekend. It takes a lot out of you.

We waited almost a year for House of Cards to return. I managed to get through all 13 episodes in 48 hours. I even found a few Legislators as characters. ( I will never tell) In my opinion, season 3 wasn't as good as the previous one. But I still love me some Francis and Claire.

Receptions. The one guaranteed thing that doesn't change during Session. There are several receptions a week, Sometimes two in   one night.  I don't attend all of them, I will show my face at a few.   Its really hard to practice the "art of networking" after a 12 hour      work day. I do manage to freshening up my lipstick and work the room.  Some people go for the free food and wine. I can never eat, because I am too busy talking. and shaking hands.  It is nice to have a conversation outside of the office. Of course we try not to talk about work, but that is really why we all are there for is work.  This week I enjoyed the reception at the Governors Mansion. They are always classy (and I live directly across the street, which made it very easy).


No comments:

Post a Comment