Friday, February 6, 2015

Legislative Session - First Week In Review

Today concludes week one of the 78th Session of the Nevada Legislature.
Week one is definitely not what anyone expected. This week included extremely long hours, high emotions, lots of closed doors and horrible eating. But, I will say week one has been very productive.

Opening Day started with the swearing in of 20 new Legislatures. 
(Three in Senate &  17 in Assembly) Right after the congratulations and photos the law makers immediately went to working hearing over 100 pre-filed Bills.

Out of exhaustion from the week, I only included the link to the actual bills. However, moving forward I will go into detail and break the bills down to everyday language. I am interested to see if anyone reads the actual bill. 

Hot Topic of the Week:

Senate Bill 119 - Prevailing Wage Exemption

The good stuff will come later in this blog. Trust me! Right now, I just need a good cup of tea and my temporary bed.



Suit:Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes: Vince Camouto


No comments:

Post a Comment